Friday, July 13, 2007

My Youth Festival Experience.

jiMy only memorable incident which I really want to tell again & again. I reckon it's 5th of september, 2006. Obviously it's The Teachers' day. So I alongwith my friend decided to wish our teachers in an attractive manner. I took the chalk & wrote HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY FROM ALL THE STUDENTS OF B.Sc IST YEAR in large letters on blackboard. I also decorated the blackboard by drawing flowers & other things. I used to do this on every occasion be it's any teacher's Birthday, any festival/occasion or Children's day etc, during my school life. I am pretty experienced in doing this. But I made a mistake. I wrote SEPTEMBAR instead of SEPTEMBER (you can still find this error on many ooccasions). When I was done drawing I returned to my place. A girl (Anita who's my rival at studies) stood up and rubbed that A & put E. I asked my friend to correct it. How foolish was this? LOL:)! But then I realised my mistake & put E again. So, Ist period was of our English teacher. She didn't notice anything. It's the 3rd period when the series of events started. Our Zoology Lecturer came. She had given us some diagrams to be drawn from home. They were extremely difficult to draw. I had drawn them on my notebook. When my turn came to show them, I went to her & shown my notebook. She was stunned to see all the diagrams drawn using a PEN not a pencil. The diagrams were too complex & had to be drawn in pencil. It required you to erase many lines every now & then. But I did all the diagram work using Pen & there was no mistake in any line. They're absolutely flawless. I was very happy that I made an impact on her. I usually can't impress teachers. I usually come out as an UNDERDOG. Bow bow! Now you'll think I'm behaving like "Apne moonh miyaa mitthoo". But I'm not telling about my drawing. It just triggered the entire series. Mrs Shamina Jain (our Zoology Lecturer) asked me if I'm interested in helping her in Stage decoration & Pot decoration. She asked me if I've ever done this. I was hesitant to say yes because I thought that It's Girls' work. But then I said yes. Anita also insisted to take part in this. My friends said to me I'm gonna be killed. She will be thinking about revenge. I'll tell about My College & class mates later. That's all happened in that single day. Next day A Maths teacher asked me to bring a "Kamohi" (A medium size earthen Pot) to start the proceedings. Then I along with my friend was asked to order 23 such Pots. Oh God! it was very difficult to bring all those pots in 1 trip. We consumed about entire day going from 1 place to another. But it was not done. All the excitement is yet to be told.
I tried in other activities of Youth festival (It was organised for the first time in our College.) like Painting/cartoon/poster making Competitions. I also submitted my name for Hindi/English song competition as well as Mimicry competition. Finally I gave my name for One act play. But there was politics going in the selection procedure. They have selected their favorite candidates many months earlier. They just wanted to pick me as a Gap filler. I thought it's my insult. I'd not take part in this. This decision was a bit hard as I was a regular participant of all the academical & Co-curricular activities in School. I remember I took part in 5 activities (Poster making, Orchetra, Science exhibition, Group song & One act play) in our Annual Function, 2003 & their time clashed. I had to send my friend to sit beside my Science model & performed Orchestra with a "False beard on my face + hair whitened"! So keeping myself off these was not easy but I didn't have any option. So I gave all my time to Pot decoration & I had a great time doing that. Though the work was not easy. But I enjoyed that work very much. I'm telling you my secret that I like the smell of Petroleum products/polishes/paints etc. That too made me curious to take part.
First we had to apply a coat of Black paint on all the pots. Then the 2nd coat. But my pots were to be painted with Golden colour. I had to make 2 pots with picture of Lord Ganesha & that was difficult. Ist to put the Golden coat which took 3 days to dry up. Then 2nd coat. And painting directly without erasing on an uneven surface was very time-taking & tough. Finally I used glitters' tube to draw. During all this, there was a Didi (Neeti, B.sc med IIIrd) with us & she was very helping. Though I was busy with my own work but I have had some conversations with her. I helped her in many ways alongwith my friend. He gets mixed up with people so easily that sometimes I think I'd be like him. Anyways I'm happy with myself & I'm happy being introvert. But 1 incident I still remember. I was in College Auditorium (so called) with my friend. Suddenly Neeti Didi came with her elder sister & started to conversate with him. I moved to other corner. Then Neeti didi introduced her sister to me. She asked me something but I didn't reply. Then Neeti didi said I'm very shy of girls. I was feeling miserable but it's my identity.
We all had to rush to our workplace. So we all went to Zoology lab where all the decoration work was happening. They started to conversate & my friend asked me to talk too. I talked with her but with my eyes facing ground. She told me that it seems you are having lack of confidence. If you go to any personality development class, the first thing they will tell you is to look into the eyes of person you are talking to. I agree but I can't help. That's all happened during our Inter-Zonal-Youth-Festival, 06 organized on 27,28 & 29th of september. Our college did a brilliant job getting many awards. My work was not award-winning but satisfying for me because I made good relationship with following teachers.
1. Shamina ma'm.
2.
Anupamlata ma'm (Our Botany teacher we were considering as Hitler).
3.
Anupamaa ma'm (Our Chemistry lecturer/Very strict & Discipline loving.)
4. Unknown sir
(Some other class' English lecturer.)
5. Suneeta ma'm
(Our 2nd Zoology lecturer.)

These are the songs I associate with that great period.
1. Tere Bin (
Aatif Aslam /Mithoon).
2. Naksha (Sonu Nigam/Pritam)
.
3. Kya Mujhe Pyaar Hai (KK/Pritam)
.
4. All Aahistaa-Aahistaa songs (Wonder Himesh+KK+Kunal).

5. Ishk Kiyaa Kiyaa (HR/HR)
.
I really can't forget this Youth festival (even if I didn't do much for it.) But I got the chance to know about the nature of teachers. Anupamlata ma'm came out to be completely different. We thought she's arrogant & strict but she behaved very sweetly. She sung & also painted some pots. She got mixed up with us nicely. Otherwise I don't interact with teachers. I do just like this: They speak, I listen; They ask, I tell; I don't ask, they don't care! LOL :)I laugh like this. I don't laugh with showing many teeth & or with a sound. I simply show some teeth or just give a smile. So in next post, I'll tell you about my favourite dates. Hey not the dates with GF's (I don't have any & I dun want to have any) but some "Din/Taareekhein". Keep commenting (I know I don't get comments "Par likhnay mein kyaa jaataa hai.")

No comments: