Thursday, July 12, 2007

Weird Beard.




It's a very funny incident happened with me. The whole story is like this:It was the time when our School "D.R.K. Aadarsh Vidyaa Mandir" was organizing a "Junior students presentation" in which students of upto class VIII could take part. I was the student of class VII at that time. So there was a Play to be performed. Our english teacher Mr. Raajiv sharma called the interested students for audition in Library. I also went there. When my turn came, he asked me to act. I imitated Sohaib iliyaasi (Anchor of "India's most wanted"). He selected me immidiately. It was my first chance to act. Next day we're given roles. I got the Lead role of a "Saadhu mahaaraaj". The play's name was "Andher nagri, chaupat raajaa" by Bhartendu harishchandra. So all our team practiced for it. It was 14th or 15th of Octobar, 2000 on which our "Junior Students'Presentation" was scheduled. Our play was the central attraction of the whole program. So it was performed last. I had not eaten anything since 7.00 A.M.because we had to reach school early in the morning to rehearse. So after final rehearsel, we went to make-up room where I was applied make-up, then I put on my costume & finally I got that Artificial "Daadhi-moonchh" (Beard-moustache) on my face. The real fun starts here. They used old "Spirit Gum" to adhere Daadhi-moonchh on my face. We completed our show & returned to make-up room. I was removing all the make-up. But a problem started to creep. The old Spirit-Gum was adhered so hard that it couldn't be removed. Sharma sir tried all his best to remove it, but he didnot get success. Spirit-gum had hardened just like "Fevi-kwik". Then he tried to soak the Beard with water, but it couldn't remove that. He tried pulling that forcely, but it caused a lot of pain in my cheeks. Then my parents came. My mom got so nervous that she started to weap. Because some parts of cheeks got torn out. The moments were tensed. Suddenly Sir asked a boy to bring Ethanol (spirit) from market. When he was gone, I was terrified that my face will be ruined. I had a very delicate & Childish skin that time. So he brought Spirit & Sir soaked the Beard hairs in that. He also started to pull that hard. I was feeling so much pain that my eyes got filled with tears. But my mom was giving me courage. After many attempts, Sir gave-up saying that Please go home. It's getting dark outside. He's right. So we took the Spirit bottle from him & rushed to home with beard attached on my face. We couldn't meet other teachers & fellows. We're in a hurry to leave. So I reached home, where my sister was already present. She asked me what has happened to your face? I couldn't say a word but started pulling out that while applying ethanol on face. Imagine, the pain when peeled/injured skin meets ethanol. It was not bleeding but the burning sensation of ethanol was causing intense pain. It did not get off may face that night also. It took 3-4 days to completely get removed from my face. There's still a light black mark on my left cheek. This incident is more like a comic one rather than a tragic one. The pain, I've forgotten but the happiness that play has given to me is simply unforgettable. I got a Silver coin from our school Manager Shri Pramod daalmiyaa for my acting. It was widely acclaimed & students started to call me "Mahant ji". I also acted in two more plays namely "Poster" & "Hiranyakashyap kaa murder case". I'll tell you about the latter in other post. Poster is not memorable. I was just like "Extra". But Andher nagri....is my best play. I'm happy to act in this.

No comments: