Friday, July 20, 2007

दिवाली Of 21.10.06.


It was the occasion of Diwaali. The date was 21st of october, 2006. I usually enjoy the festival of Diwaali because it comes in Autumn season & Eid, guru poornimaa also arrives with diwaali. I love celebrating Christmas also. But why I don't know all my excitements vanish on the day of every Diwaali I've seen? The day before Diwaali, there's no any limit of enthusiasm but on real day it disappears. The reason may be that I don't like crackers & people of India have confined Diwaali to crackers only. Also there is not any social interaction in my locality. Everyone celebrates festivals within his/her family. No one wants to wish others. So I find no one to celebrate festivals with, except my sister. So boring! Just lighting some Sparklers, candles & "Diyay". Eating sweets & going to bed thinking about previous Diwaali. It's the story of every year. This entire process continues every year & year by year the festival spirit decreases. So I was not much happy on 21.10.2006's morning. It was just like other ordinary days. No excitement, enthusiasm & happiness at all. Atmosphere was dull & uninteresting. So the day ended in somewhat decorating walls with lights, cleaning house & purchasing sweets. But the night time was just unexpected. I couldn't even dream about that. I was dressed up alongwith my sister. Then we did our Poojaa & came out of the room. Then suddenly Shweta didi came on terrace. She's only daughter of our house-owner. She had crackers & candles with her. She asked me to help her in arranging & lighting candles. Then she asked both me & my didi to burst crackers. I never enjoy crackers, neither my sister does. In fact my sister is very afraid of crackers which produce sound. So she was hesitating on bursting them. Then Shweta didi said these are non-sound producing crackers. So my sister took one and lighted. It was an "Anaar". Actually we both were bursting Anaar for the first time in our life. But we really enjoyed her company. After 5 years someone had celebrated any festival with me apart from my family. I remember we had some very good friends in C.C.I. (Cement corporation of India) colony. There were Riddhi-Siddhi, Keerti, Preeti didi & her bro. We all used to visit each other's home & exchange greeting cards. We used to enjoy Diwaali a lot there. But when we left C.C.I. everything changed. No one was to share the Diwaali feelings with us. But I was very happy to see Shweta Didi coming & celebrating with me & didi (Nidhi). I was amazed that "koi to mere saath khushiyaan baantnaa chaahtaa hai". I had never found any one interested to be in my company. She did that & It was really a special thing for me. Actually I think there is an invisible repulsive force around me that drives people away from me. I'm grateful to Shweta didi that she came & celebrated Diwaali with me. I respect you a lot. You are among those very few girls whom I respect. Why I like Diwaali even though I don't celebrate it with great excitement? Because in the autumn season great songs come. There's a festive smell in the air. I still remember the song "Kal tumhaaraa hai" sung by Sonu nigam in the Compaq computers Ad featuring SRK. This song reminds me of Diwaali. Weather becomes excellent. We get relief from the excessive heat. Also this Diwaali gave me chance to find my Idol (No guessing who's she?). I started liking her 6 days after or on the 7th day from this Diwaali. So I love Diwaali & especially this Diwaali which brought so many good things for me.

No comments: